PHMSA Gas Transmission (GT) Integrity Management
Time: 04/25/2015 11:14 PM
Rule Section: §192.925(b)(3)
PHMSA Home |
Pipeline Safety Website |
What are the requirements for using External Corrosion Direct Assessment (ECDA)?
- 192.925(b)(3) Direct Examination.
In addition to the requirements in ASME/ANSI B31.8S section 6.4 and NACE RP 0502-2002, section 5, the plan's procedures for direct examination of indications from the indirect examination must include -
- Provisions for applying more restrictive criteria when conducting ECDA for the first time on a covered segment;
- Criteria for deciding what action should be taken if either: (A) corrosion defects are discovered that exceed allowable limits (Section 18.104.22.168 of NACE RP0502-2002), or (B) root cause analysis reveals conditions for which ECDA is not suitable (Section 5.6.2 of NACE RP0502-2002);.
- Criteria and notification procedures for any changes in the ECDA Plan, including changes that affect the severity classification, the priority of direct examination, and the time frame for direct examination of indications; and
- Criteria that describe how and on what basis an operator will reclassify and reprioritize any of the provisions that are specified in section 5.9 of NACE RP0502-2002.
Related Protocol Questions:
04/25/2015 11:14 PM
Processing: 0.05 sec.
Browser: [unknown] [unknown]