PHMSA Gas Transmission (GT) Integrity Management
Time: 05/29/2015 03:56 PM
Rule Section: §192.925(b)(2)
PHMSA Home |
Pipeline Safety Website |
What are the requirements for using External Corrosion Direct Assessment (ECDA)?
- 192.925(b)(2) Indirect Examination.
In addition to the requirements in ASME/ANSI B31.8S section 6.4 and NACE RP 0502-2002, section 4, the plan's procedures for indirect examination of the ECDA regions must include -
- Provisions for applying more restrictive criteria when conducting ECDA for the first time on a covered segment;
- Criteria for identifying and documenting those indications that must be considered for excavation and direct examination. Minimum identification criteria include the known sensitivities of assessment tools, the procedures for using each tool, and the approach to be used for decreasing the physical spacing of indirect assessment tool readings when the presence of a defect is suspected;
- Criteria for defining the urgency of excavation and direct examination of each indication identified during the indirect examination. These criteria must specify how an operator will define the urgency of excavating the indication as immediate, scheduled or monitored; and
- Criteria for scheduling excavation of indications for each urgency level.
Related Protocol Questions:
05/29/2015 03:56 PM
Processing: 0.06 sec.
Browser: [unknown] [unknown]