PHMSA Gas Transmission (GT) Integrity Management
Time: 05/19/2013 10:41 AM
Protocol Item A.03
PHMSA Home |
Pipeline Safety Website |
A.03 Identified Sites
Verify that the operator's identification of identified sites includes the sources listed in §192.905(b) for those buildings or outside areas meeting the criteria specified by §192.903, and that the source of information selected is documented. [§192.903 Identified Sites, §192.905(b) and §192 Appendix E, I(c)]
- Identified sites must include the following: [§192.903 Identified Sites, §192.905(b)]
- Outside areas or open structures occupied by 20 or more people on at least 50 days in any 12 month period (days need not be consecutive),
- Buildings occupied by 20 or more people on at least 5 days a week for 10 weeks in any 12 month period (days and weeks need not be consecutive), and
- Facilities occupied by persons who are confined, have impaired mobility, or would be difficult to evacuate.
- Identified sites must be identified using the following sources of information: [§192.905(b)]
- Information from routine operation and maintenance activities and input from public officials with safety or emergency response or planning responsibilities
- In the absence of public official input, the operator must use one of the following in order to identify an identified site:
- Visible markings such as signs, or
- Facility licensing or registration data on file with Federal, State, or local government agencies, or
- Lists or maps maintained by or available from a Federal, State, or local government agency and available to the general public.
Related Rule Sections:
05/19/2013 10:41 AM
Processing: 0.16 sec.
Browser: [unknown] [unknown]