PHMSA Gas Transmission (GT) Integrity Management
Time: 10/14/2015 04:01 AM
Protocol Item F.05
PHMSA Home |
Pipeline Safety Website |
F.05 Deviation from Reassessment Requirements
If the operator elects to deviate from certain requirements listed in §192.913(c), verify that the operator uses a performance based approach that satisfies the requirements for exceptional performance as follows: [§192.913 and ASME B31.8S-2004]
- Verify that the operator has a performance based integrity management program that meets or exceeds the performance-based requirements of ASME B31.8S-2004 and includes, at a minimum, the following elements: [§192.913(a)]
- A comprehensive process for risk analysis;
- All risk factor data used to support the program;
- A comprehensive data integration process;
- A procedure for applying lessons learned from assessment of covered pipeline segments to pipeline segments not covered by this subpart;
- A procedure for evaluating every incident, including its cause, within the operator's sector of the pipeline industry for implications both to the operator's pipeline system and to the operator's integrity management program;
- A performance matrix that demonstrates the program has been effective in ensuring the integrity of the covered segments by controlling the identified threats to the covered segments (Refer to Protocol I);
- Semi-annual performance measures beyond those required in §192.943 that are part of the operator's performance plan. [See §192.911(i)] Refer to Protocol I.
- An analysis that supports the desired integrity reassessment interval and the remediation methods to be used for all covered segments.
Verify that the operator has completed at least two integrity assessments on each covered pipeline segment the operator is including under the performance-based approach and is able to demonstrate that each assessment effectively addressed the identified threats on the covered segments. [§192.913(b)(2)(i)]
Verify the operator has remediated anomalies identified in the more recent assessment per the requirements of §192.933. [§192.913(b)(2)(ii)]
Verify the operator has incorporated the results and lessons learned from the more recent assessment into the operator's data integration and risk assessment. [§192.913(b)(2)(ii)]
Verify that deviations are allowed only for the timeframe for reassessment as provided in §192.939 except that reassessment by some method allowed by Subpart O (e.g., confirmatory direct assessment) must be completed at intervals not to exceed seven (7) years. [§192.913(c)(1)]
Related Rule Sections:
10/14/2015 04:01 AM
Processing: 0.14 sec.
Browser: [unknown] [unknown]