PHMSA Gas Transmission (GT) Integrity Management
Time: 05/25/2013 01:28 PM
Protocol Item B.02
PHMSA Home |
Pipeline Safety Website |
B.02 Prioritized Schedule
Verify that the BAP contains a schedule for completing the assessment activities for all covered segments; and that the BAP appropriately considered the applicable risk factors in the prioritization of the schedule. [§192.917(c), §192.919(c) and §192.921]
Verify that the BAP schedule includes all covered segments not already assessed. [§192.921(a)]
Verify that the BAP schedule prioritizes the covered segments based on potential threats and applicable risk analysis, and that the risk ranking is appropriate. [§192.917(c) and §192.921(b)]
- Verify that covered segments meeting the following conditions are prioritized as high-risk segments.
- Segments that contain low frequency resistance welded (ERW) pipe or lap welded pipe that satisfy the conditions specified in ASME B31.8S-2004, Appendix A4.3 and ASME B31.8S-2004, Appendix A4.4, and any covered or non-covered segment in the pipeline system with such pipe has experienced seam failure, or operating pressure on the covered segment has increased over the maximum operating pressure experienced during the preceding five years. [§192.917(e)(4)]
- Covered segments that have manufacturing or construction defects (including seam defects) where any of the following changes occurred in the covered segment: operating pressure increases above the maximum operating pressure experienced during the preceding five years; MAOP increases; or the stresses leading to cyclic fatigue increase. [§192.917(e)(3)]
Verify that the BAP schedule requires 50% of the covered segments, beginning with the highest risk segments, to be assessed by December 17, 2007; and that baseline assessments shall be completed for all covered segments by December 17, 2012. [ï¿½192.921(d)]
- Review the operator's implementation progress to date and verify that: [ï¿½192.921]
- Assessments scheduled for completion by the date of the inspection were in fact completed.
- Assessment methods used for completed assessments were as described in the plan.
- The date assessment field activities were completed is recorded so the operator understands the time frame allowable for compliance with the provisions of ï¿½192.933.
Related Rule Sections:
05/25/2013 01:28 PM
Processing: 0.31 sec.
Browser: [unknown] [unknown]